- Information and services on the site are provided to you for the express purpose of searching for employment opportunities and career information. Recruiters may place advertisements for vacancies and individuals may submit responses to those vacancies or opportunities (“the services”).
- The site and the services are for non-commercial, personal use only. Information from the site may be used, printed or downloaded on these grounds only and not for any other reasons, whether personal or commercial. Material may not be otherwise copied, displayed, transmitted or distributed.
- All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights to the site and the material displayed on it belongs to CPL or its third-party suppliers. Use of the site does not confer any proprietary rights over such materials.
- The searching or screening tools provided by us are designed to assist recruiters in the assessment of a candidate’s suitability, and are not intended as a substitute for due diligence.
- Use of the site and the services are subject to other applicable terms and policies:
- Acceptable use policy
- We do not review CVs and job advertisements displayed on the site and therefore accept no responsibility or liability for their contents.
- The site will not be a party to your communication with recruiters. You should therefore verify:
- the recruiter’s identity and the nature of its business;
- the commencement date and duration of the role;
- details of the role including type of work, location, hours, potential health and safety risks;
- any authorisation that the recruiter considers necessary, or is required by law, to accept the position;
- whether any expenses are payable by you as a candidate; and
- whether there are any requirements, imposed by law or otherwise, for you to satisfy before taking up a position, such as a disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
- Email, mobile and marketing – The information gathered may be used by the British Parking Association and CPL for purposes relating to your use of the site, interactive services and for marketing activities. These include communications directly to you by email, post or mobile of any advertising or marketing materials.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use the site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the site.
- You agree not to use the site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. We strive to ensure the continuous availability of the site and the services but accept no responsibility or liability for the consequences of interruptions or delays, under any circumstance. We reserve the right to alter the site’s design and specification at any time.
Assignment and variation
- CPL reserves the right to assign or transfer all or any of its rights and obligations under this agreement to any group companies or subsidiaries or any other third party. In the event of assignment or transfer, notification will either be given to you by email or posted on the site.
- CPL reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Changes in this manner shall be deemed to have been accepted if you continue to use the site and/or the services offered following any such amendment.
- These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and any disputes shall be decided by the English courts.
Browsers and cookies
- The site supports the current and most recent preceding versions of all modern browsers. If your browser is not supported, you may still be able to access the site, but some display problems may be experienced.
- Essential cookies, ie. those that enable the site to function, are enabled by default and cannot be disabled. Non-essential cookies are disabled by default but can be enabled at the users discretion. Enabling these helps us gather anonymous information about how the site is used and what pages are visited. For further information please refer to our Privacy and Cookie Policies.