UK Parking ControlFrom the latest innovative technology solutions to the professional personnel that we employ, we are always committed to delivering effective and intelligent solutions, that enhance service levels, whilst elevating the customer experience.
UK Parking Control have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Compliance to join the team at their Head Office in Wooburn Green, Buckinghamshire.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for managing and overseeing the majority of Legal matters within the Company. The role will primarily deal with three key areas, these being, compliance and regulatory matters, general commercial and contractual queries, and liaising with external Law firms and stakeholders when required.
The Head of Compliance will be required to have a good understanding of how a legal role sits within a commercial organisation and must have a solid legal education and background. Being a qualified solicitor would be an advantage however, candidates with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a legal role would be considered.
The role will involve your development and understanding of specific laws which relate to the parking industry and to be successful in this role you will be required to advise and liaise with law firms to help safeguard the company in an industry with a dynamically changing legal and compliance framework.
Hours: Full time, permanent
Salary: Competitive salary
Location: Head Office, Wooburn Green, Buckinghamshire
– Ensuring full compliance with accredited trade association and various codes of practice prepared by government departments or their appointed bodies
-Working closely with the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and senior team, ensure compliance with the data protection act and all matters surrounding data protection
– Provide leadership support to the DPO
– Identify risks through auditing the business and advise changes to business strategy
– Ensuring all Company processes and procedures comply with all legislation
– Be proactively involved in the risk management process, ensuring risks are identified, recorded and mitigated.
-Work with the senior team to instil a culture of compliance and risk management throughout the business
– Line manager responsibilities
– Coordinate the preparation of defences for claims made against the business in the Small Claims Track of the County Court
– Management of department finances in line with budget expectation
– Being the internal point of contact for legal advice and providing broad advice to internal departments on legal and contractual matters
– As necessary liaising with legal firms in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland to gather further specific advice for different areas of the business
– Providing the Senior Management team and Executive team with regular updates
Candidates will be effective at:
– Taking ownership of tasks and following through to completion
– Managing multiple projects at the same time
– Excellent record keeping
– Ensuring regulatory guidelines are followed by all departments
– Making suggestions for improvements
– Time management
– Able to take ownership and accountability when making decisions
– Deal professionally with all types of stakeholders (internal and external)
– Positive attitude and resilient when faced with challenging and difficult situations
– To be a quick and adaptable learner
– Strong manager of teams