Civil Enforcement Officer
Location: Thanet Area
Job Type: Temp to Perm
Salary: £13.09 per hour
Hours: 37hrs per week on 3-week rota, between 6.30am – 10.00pm
We are seeking a highly motivated and proactive Civil Enforcement Officers to join the team at Thanet District Council. The Civil Enforcement team helps the District Council meet the demands of the Traffic Management Act 2004.
As a Civil Enforcement Officer, you will perform a unique and innovative role, conducting street patrols within designated areas of the district.
– Enforce parking restrictions across the district in line with the Traffic Management Act 2004 & Traffic Regulation Orders for Thanet
– Issue Penalty Charge Notices to vehicles which are parked illegally
– Ensure sufficient evidence is collected when issuing Penalty Charge Notices
– Carry out daily maintenance checks of pay & display machines & reporting any issues
– Carry out weekly car park inspections
– Identify and report any damaged road and car park signs, faded lines that need replacing or missing.
– Assist the public with any council-related enquires to provide a high level of customer service
– Liaise with other enforcement teams, CCTV, and the police to provide intelligence
– Investigate abandoned vehicles from initial report to removal of vehicles
– Joint operations with CCTV & Streetscene Enforcement
– Basic knowledge of the Highway Code & Road Traffic Regulations of Act 1991, Traffic Management Act & relevant legislation.
– Excellent knowledge of the Thanet area
– Basic computer skills
– Must have a clean valid driving license
– Must have excellent communication skills
– Must be able to work under pressure
– Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
– Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
– Must be physically fit
– Must have good attention to detail
– Previous experience in a similar role is desirable but not essential
If you are a proactive and motivated individual who is passionate about ensuring the safety and security of our community, then we want to hear from you. Apply now to join our team at Thanet District Council.