Role Trainee Civil Enforcement Officer
We are looking to train two Civil Enforcement Officers to work with Luton Borough Council to Enforce the Waiting, Loading and other associated Traffic Regulations relating to both On and Off Street parking.
About the Role :
- Undertake patrols and inspections to enforce all “On” and “Off Street” parking offences.
- Maintain appropriate records (currently by Pocket Book) and complete reports and respond and act accordingly to Service Radio Messages as directed.
- Report and action offences in respect of Vehicle Excise and Taxi / Hire Car Licences and defects in Signs and Lines and other street furniture.
- Advise members of the public as required especially on minor parking enquiries and parking matters according to customer care and other policies and procedures.
- Verify functionality of and operate equipment provided reporting faults to supervisors.
- Inspect Pay and Display machines and verify their functionality in accordance with Council Financial Regulations and policies and procedures and repair any minor faults.
- Participate in the training of new Civil Enforcement Officers
About you :
- Able to accurately record and reproduce information in report form and through the use of a hand-held computer or equivalent IT equipment
- Demonstrable ability to deal politely and tactfully with a wide range of people including members of the public who may be confrontational.
- Demonstrable ability to read and follow procedures and guidelines, establish facts and take action within procedures.
- Knowledge of Customer Care
- Basic knowledge of Parking legislation
- Able to work unsociable hours including most weekends
Desirable skills :
- Able to give general and local parking advice within guidelines and procedures to members of the public
- Some knowledge of the use of desktop computers.
- NVQ 2 Parking Control or equivalent in-depth experience
Luton Borough Council have partnered with Kent County Council to create Connect2Luton, a recruitment managed service for all contingent temporary agency, contract and interim roles at the Council.
Our heritage and being local government owned means we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise within the public sector, with many of our employees having previously worked for the Council or have supplied previously into the Council, for several years.
We are an equal opportunities employment agency and business that positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Connect2Luton, part of Luton Borough Council & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.