Parking Enforcement Officer
To be responsible to the Senior Parking Enforcement Officer for enforcing the provisions of the Traffic Regulations in respect of both on and off street parking.
All applicants must have a clean driving license and also be prepared to sit a driving test.
All applicants must have experience of parking enforcement and have experience of note taking or report wiritng and of dealing with the public explaining services and providing information.
- To check and test all issued equipment before commencing a patrol including, where appropriate, the production of a test penalty charge notice (PCN) on the hand held terminal.
- In accordance with a predetermined beat, to patrol parking places, controlled parking zones (CPZs) and designated bus routes at various times during the day and evening.
- To issue Fixed Penalty Notices to drivers who fail to observe vehicle emissions regulations by running their engines whilst stationary.
- To inspect parking meters and pay-and -display and ensure they are operational prior to the issue of the PCN. Where the equipment is faulty, to place and “out of order” notice and report faults as appropriate.
- Report deficiencies in missing signs and lines in writing.
- To report in writing all street defects, damage, crime or antisocial behaviour witnessed in the course of undertaking patrol duties.
- Maintain a pocket log to record evidence additional to that contained on the PCN or hand-held computer terminal.
- To provide a witness statement surrounding the issue of the PCN as necessary and to appear before the adjudicator on contested cases.
- Clean driving license.
For more information please call Tom on (phone number removed) or email