UK Parking ControlFrom the latest innovative technology solutions to the professional personnel that we employ, we are always committed to delivering effective and intelligent solutions, that enhance service levels, whilst elevating the customer experience.
The Operations Manager role is responsible for overseeing the daily activities across the ANPR field operations department including all ANPR functions such as Maintenance, Logistics, Installations and H&S regulatory compliance.
The responsibilities include designing policies, overseeing UKPC’s services and implementing technology solutions. To be successful in this role you will need to be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the parking industry. You must be committed to productivity, efficiencies and compliance and ultimately, you’ll ensure our ANPR operations run smoothly and that all Warden sites are set up correctly.
Location: This is a home-based role with Nationwide responsibilities. Travel to different
locations around the UK visits to the company’s Head Office in
Buckinghamshire will be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Hours: Full time, Permanent
Main duties and responsibilities:
– Formulate and implement strategy
– Ensuring regulatory compliance
– Overseeing implementation and maintenance of all ANPR solutions
– Design policies that align with overall strategy
– Implement efficient processes and standards
– Oversee service operations
– Ensure compliance with local and international laws (where applicable)
– Oversee the implementation of operational technology solutions
– Manage contracts and relations with suppliers, partners and other stakeholders
– Evaluate risk and lead quality assurance efforts
– Oversee expenses and budgeting to help the organisation optimise costs and benefits
– Mentor and motivate teams to achieve productivity and engagement
– Day to day management of the team including managing performance
– Report on operational performance and suggest improvements
– Collaborate with senior management
Key Skills & Experience:
– Must have experience in managing a technical and electrical installations team
– Understanding of Electrical and Civil Engineering (it would be preferable to be qualified in both e.g. Level 3 NVQ and BTEC Level 3 in construction and built environment)
– Solid understanding of technical aspects of ANPR installations
– Working knowledge of parking machines and ANPR equipment
– H&S qualification
– Experience of working within the Parking industry in a similar role.
– Proven experience as Operations Manager, Installation Manager or similar leadership role
– Excellent people management skills
– Familiarity with all business functions including Commercial, HR, finance, supply chain and IT
– Commercially minded
– Excellent time keeping
– Knowledge of data analytics and reporting
– Good with numbers and financial planning
– Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
– Excellent organisational and leadership ability
– Analytical mind
– Problem-solving aptitude