One of our local authority clients are currently recruiting for an Enforcement Assistant. This is a temporary contract for 6 months with possible further extension based on budget and performance.
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
- To work as part of a team dealing with the collection of unpaid Council Tax, Business Rates and parking fines from the enforcement stage overseeing 11 services (currently) with the potential for more.
- Issue Notice of Enforcements, arrangement letters and other reminder letters
- Deal with straightforward telephone calls from debtors
- Updating the enforcement system (One step)
- Negotiate arrangements for payment and monitor existing arrangements
- Import cases from the current services on the debt recovery system and confirm values and receipts.
- Making outbound calls to customers to recover unpaid amounts
- Responding to customer enquiries in relation to the enforcement process.
- Process payments collected from enforcement agent from the bank paying in slips & chip and Pin Machines onto the debt recovery system
- Identifying and supporting vulnerable customers
- Tracing of debtors where a current address is not held
- Liaise with clients from the existing services regarding updates on accounts
- Identify and process payments from the bank statement and upload them to the debt recovery system via paye.net.
- Training new staff in basic enforcement procedures
- Gain more in depth knowledge of Council Tax, Business Rates and parking
- Gain more in depth knowledge of Benefits and how to identify vulnerable customers
- Export cases from Debt recovery system to the external enforcement agencies
- Perform checks for extreme cases where removal may be required
- Work towards to the Tribunals Courts & Enforcement Act 2007, taking control of goods schedule 12 level 2 exam.
- As a customer focused role be able to communicate with our customers at the agreed level
- Commitment to the Council’s Strategic Plan
- To undertake any training and development as required
The above is a brief overview of the role, details and specification will be provided should you be successful. If interested in this position, please send your CV to Jahker Miah at Coyle Personnel Ltd.