The British Parking Association represents the UK parking and traffic management profession. Our 750 plus corporate members includes local government, commercial providers and parking system operators, as well as consultants and academics. In addition, we represent over 700 individuals and have a separate membership structure to support their professional development.
We are a not-for-profit organisation working with our members and stakeholders to support their communities, improve compliance by those managing and using parking facilities, and encourage fairness to achieve our vision of excellence in parking for all.
We reinvest any surplus income to further improve standards and professionalism in the sector.
This diverse role has responsibility for providing support to the Operational Services team with complaint handling and compliance related matters which relate to members of our Approved Operator Scheme and the Safer Parking Scheme. Responsibility for ensuring that any enquiry from our members or motorists receives a prompt, efficient and professional response. Contribute to the continuous improvement of how the Association delivers membership benefits and services to ensure it is responsive to the needs of our existing and future members.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proven customer services and complaints handling skills.
- Confident and assured manner and be able to liaise with colleagues, members of the BPA and the public.
- To work with individuals at all levels.
- MS Office literate.
- Ability to manage, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Excellent standards of verbal and written communication.
- Good attention to detail.
- Effective planning and organisational abilities.
- Able to grasp complex issues quickly.
- Collaborative team working – post holder will be expected to work flexibly, as required, to support the wider team and/ or office in support of the BPA’s wider strategic objectives as appropriate.
- Able to work on own initiative.
Applications to be reviewed on receipt
For an application pack, please email:
Jo Herbert at Dash Recruitment firstname.lastname@example.org