Do you enjoy working outside, lots of walking and engaging with the public?
South Norfolk and Broadland Council have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Enforcement Officer (Parking Services) to join their team in Long Stratton and working throughout the District. The role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £17,940 per annum.
Alternate weekly shift pattern 8am – 4pm, 10am – 6pm and will include working every other Saturday.
A uniform and vehicle will be provided.
Do you enjoy being part of a busy team and dealing with the public. Want to help promote parking in a positive way? Then read on…
What you could be part of…
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing as our Civil Enforcement Officer (Parking Services):
- Patrolling and enforcing the parking regulations for On and Off Street in South Norfolk, and as part of the Norfolk Parking Partnership
- Issuing and recording Penalty Charge Notices, in accordance with the appropriate legislation (such as the Traffic Management Act 2004)
- Dealing with the public, maintaining a high level of customer care, and presenting a positive image of the Council and the Norfolk Parking Partnership
- Checking ticket machines are in good working order
- Ensuring the car parks are clean and safe for our customers and visitors to use
As our Civil Enforcement Officer (Parking Services), you must have…
Previous experience of working with the public in a frontline position. Good communication skills. An ability to work without close supervision. Good IT skills. Full driving licence. Be prepared to obtain City & Guilds Level 2 certificate for Civil Enforcement Officers within your probation period.
What’s in it for you as our Civil Enforcement Officer (Parking Services):
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work-life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Civil Enforcement Officer (Parking Services) then please click ‘apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
Closing date: 8th September 2021