British Parking AssociationDriving Issues, Raising Standards
A varied and interesting ambassador role with responsibility for
growing membership numbers, within South-East England, in
schemes run by the Association both in traditional and emerging
sectors and enhancing membership quality. Managing the
continuous improvement of how the Association delivers
membership scheme benefits and services to ensure it is
responsive to the needs of our existing and future members.
Liaising with, visiting and supporting existing members to
enhance relationships by better understanding their business
objectives and directly linking to the membership proposition.
This role is home-based, and the successful applicant will need
to be located within the area they will serve.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Good written, verbal communication, IT and presentation skills
- Good customer services and complaints handling skills
- A confident and assured manner and be able to liaise with officers, staff and members of the BPA, and to work with individuals at all levels
- Able to organise workload under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work on own initiative
- Able to grasp complex issues quickly
- Have a Lead Auditor qualification or be prepared to undertake the required study to achieve this
- A willingness to travel. Please note this role requires occasional overnight stays
For an application pack, please email
Jo Herbert at Dash Recruitment